Family Solicitor and Joint Managing Partner
Louise is a founding Partner of Allard Bailey Family Law and has over 16 years’ experience of family law.
Louise has a broad practice, representing clients in the full range of financial remedy proceedings as well as children act matters. Many of her cases have an international element.
She is passionate about family law and totally committed to helping her clients through some of the most difficult times of their lives with dignity and respect. As a member of Resolution, she will steer clients around conflict if possible, opting for a conciliatory approach. That said, Louise represents her clients tenaciously and will always fight to get the best outcome.
She also works tirelessly to help those affected by domestic violence – men, women and children – running the firm’s subsidised-fee scheme to assist in these cases.
Louise’s clients come from all walks of life including city professionals, CEO’s, entrepreneurs and their spouses.
Examples of her work include:
- Representing a husband in complicated divorce and financial matters where the wife had recently sold a stake in a business for up to £12 million.
- Preparing a case at short notice to resolve financial and contact arrangements for a mother who had been caught up in the court system for over 2 years with other legal representation.
- Representing a mother seeking a child arrangements order, housing and maintenance for her son in England, which was complicated by the fact that divorce proceedings were ongoing in Europe.
- Successfully challenging a negative CAFCASS report for a father who was accused of serious domestic violence, but maintained that accusations were made to influence the court’s decisions about the children’s arrangements.
- Representing a temporary foster carer who wanted to be joined as a party to care proceedings so that she could challenge the Local Authorities recommendation. The case had an international element and proceeded to the Court of Appeal. Louise worked with counsel in this jurisdiction as well as in Bulgaria.
Before finding her true passion as a family lawyer, Louise worked in public relations and set up a New Media Agency in London. Outside of work she is a school governor, runs half marathons to keep fit and is kept busy by her 3 sons. It is a challenge balancing family and work life, but Louise believes it is possible and is committed to helping other members of the firm work flexibly and achieve that balance.