Senior Consultant Solicitor
Louise specialises in all aspects of high net worth divorce and matrimonial finance and advocates the use of pre/post nuptial agreements. She has extensive experience in advising unmarried couples on cohabitation contracts, as well as the financial impact of separation. The majority of her cases involve some assets located abroad.
Louise also advises on all aspects of private law children matters, with a particular interest in international relocation cases. She regularly advises clients on issues relating to child arrangements orders and her emphasis is on reaching agreement, where possible, through sensible child-focussed discussion and negotiation.
Louise has experience of cases involving coercive behaviour and domestic violence, as well as cases where one party is experiencing mental health issues. All of which require careful handling.
Louise favours a solution-orientated approach and supports many clients through the mediation process. Whilst she advocates resolving all disputes outside of the court arena whenever possible, Louise is quick to act where a case warrants court intervention.
She is, at all times, pragmatic and sympathetic with a clear focus on achieving a fair outcome. As a result, Louise receives a high number of referrals from city law firms and represents a broad range of clients, many of whom are fellow lawyers, city professionals and their spouses. Louise is routinely commended for her common sense approach to cases.
Examples of her work include:
- Representing a wife in high value financial remedy proceedings where there were parallel company law proceedings relating to the successful business owned by the divorcing couple. The husband’s disclosure was found to be unreliable and the wife achieved a favourable outcome personally and professionally.
- Representing a father in a highly contested relocation application where the CAFCASS officer’s report was successfully challenged and the child was able to relocate to Canada.
- Advising the wife of a premier league footballer on matrimonial finance and contact issues.
- Advising a British actress in relation to financial remedy proceedings.
- Securing a favourable outcome for a husband in proceedings where the wife was a major shareholder in a multi-million pound accessories business.
Louise trained and qualified into family law at a Legal 500 leading regional law firm, before moving to a well known city law firm. During a year spent in Sydney, Australia, Louise was the Legal Writer and Editor of professional legal journals and textbooks on family law.
Louise has an interest in school governance having served as a Parent Governor and Chair of Governors in recent years. In her spare time she enjoys Yoga, Pilates, Aquafit and spending time with her family.
You can learn more about Louise’s work and her approach in our Balance for Better Blog.