It has been said that the only certainties in life are death and taxes.
Effective estate planning can protect your wealth, ensuring that you and your family are provided for now and in the future.
Protection of Private Wealth
Whether your assets are held in the UK, overseas or split between continents, we can help to devise the most effective means of retaining and passing on wealth to the next generation, or meeting your philanthropic aims. We can also help to protect your wealth from unexpected events like incapacity and claims from third parties.
We can support you at every decision-making stage of your life, assisting you personally as well as where you act as a trustee or executor.
Private Wealth Disputes
Disputes regarding wealth are often complicated and highly stressful, especially if you are grieving. Whether you are making or defending a claim against an estate or trust, we will always act with sensitivity and discretion, keeping your private matters out of Court wherever possible.
We can advise on:
- Preparation of tax efficient Wills including Business Wills
- Power of Attorney, Deputyship Applications and Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Protection of wealth from claims by adverse third parties
- Probate and administration of estates (Probate and Estates Legal Terminology)
- Inheritance and capital gains tax planning such as gifting, lifetime settlements and advice on ownership of a second home in UK or overseas
- Creation and administration of Trusts
- Disputes regarding Wills, trusts and probate including incapacity, undue influence and Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependents) Act 1975 claims.
For an initial discussion about your situation, please call us on 020 7993 2936.
|Private Wealth Insights|
|08 Aug 2020:||When should Entrepreneurs start thinking about Succession Planning?|
|22 Jul 2020:||Can I Defend my own Will against Challenges?|
|02 Jul 2020:||What are Tax implications of Cohabiting vs Marriage or Civil Partnership?|
|11 Jun 2020:||Making Urgent Applications to the Court of Protection in the wake of Coronavirus|
|13 May 2020:||The Importance of Wills in Safeguarding Your Children’s Future|
|08 Apr 2020:||Should I get a Will or Lasting Power of Attorney Because of Coronavirus?|
|06 Apr 2020:||Business Owners Should Protect their Operations in case they are Incapacitated|
|30 Mar 2020:||Why You Should Update Your Will As Soon As You Decide To Separate|
|27 Mar 2020:||Probate and Estate Administration Legal Terminology|